‘For the children to realise their God-given gifts and talents, and grow following the example of Jesus.’
Matthew 19:26- But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible but with God all things are possible”
A family community with Christian Values at the heart, where adults and children genuinely care for one another.
- Everything we do is based around our gospel values: from daily Christian worship to the way we treat each other.
- Every child is known by name and her/his strengths are nurtured.
- We have a culture of vigilance to ensure the children in our care are safe.
- Older and younger children work together, play together and support each other.
- Strong links with St Peter’s Church and the Chelmsford Diocese develop spiritual & moral understanding.
- A supportive School Association significantly enhances the opportunities available for all children.
We develop pupils who not only achieve high academic standards but are well rounded, independent and enthusiastic young people.
- Pupils leaving the school consistently attain results that compete with the best schools in the country.
- Dedicated teachers know each child’s individual strengths so that work is tailored to maximise her/his potential.
- A huge variety of extra curricular clubs, which provide a broad range of activities: sporting, musical, artistic and academic.
- Pupils are articulate and confident able to leave the school ready for the next stage in their education, though not growing up too quickly.
- An array of opportunities and experiences which extend learning outside of the classroom
Always looking forwards, innovating what we do to ensure the best possible education for all of our pupils.
- A commitment only to recruit high quality teachers who are constantly kept up to date with the best ways to develop learning.
- An exceptionally smart uniform and exemplary behaviour maintaining our traditional roots.
- An innovative and exciting curriculum engaging pupils in their learning.
- A National Support School which leads and trains other local schools, bringing in extra funding to benefit our pupils.
- Excellent facilities for all learning including computing, sports and arts.
- An idyllic countryside environment used further to enhance learning.
As a Church School we foster a particular ethos which rests on:
- Care and respect for others;
- An appreciation of the love and wonder of God;
- Daily collective worship within a Christian tradition;
- Celebrating diversity within school and the wider community;
- Respect for other cultures and faiths;
- Inclusive practices with a commitment to providing equal opportunities for all;
- Maintaining high expectations in every aspect of school life;
- A whole school commitment to promote healthy safe behaviours and reduce health inequalities;
- The development of content, happy, independent learners